This post is not interesting. Do not read this. Continue reading
- Currently I am most excited about my new text adventure, an interactive documentary called WINTER STORM DRACO. You will remember Winter Storm Draco, the 2012 blizzard, of course. If you don’t, you will learn an awful lot when you play this text adventure.
- Less recently I released another game called THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR WOOBY, about felt dinosaurs. The felt dinosaurs in the game are randomly generated, and I had a lot of fun drawing the various dinosaurs that players found. Plus it got written up by Emily Short!
- My felt dinosaur game was preceded by the construction of some flesh-and-blood felt dinosaurs, for a window display at Plaid Peacock, which see photos of here and here.
- Clash of the Type-Ins released several new episodes.
- Clash of the Type-Ins had a Kickstarter to cover hosting fees and it was wildly successful!!! WHY DID I NOT POST ABOUT IT HERE. COME ON.
- I started and never finished working on a weird time signature version of Scarborough Fair.
- I played a LOT of Super Mario Maker. Here’s the code for one of my levels: A98D-0000-0025-56BE
If you are eager to know what I’m up to at any given moment then your best shot is to follow me on Twitter. Thank you for your interest!
Addendum, 3 September 2015: I did this project with a Wii Fit Trainer from the first amiibo run. I am led to understand that the reprints are better-constructed, and in particular the foot and the cast are glued much more securely to the stand. People who have executed this mod with the reprints have had to “club it straight off and mighty glue it,” albeit with gorgeous results. It’s still very much possible to execute this mod with your newer WFT amiibo, but you probably won’t have as easy a time as I did.
This is what the Wii Fit Trainer amiibo was supposed to look like.
I painted this young lady for Mr. Derek Sotak of nachonomics.com and the Kickstarter for his Field Guide to Nachos. That Kickstarter is over. I know, right? I should have said something about it earlier. But pretty soon, I’m sure, you’ll be able to buy that book at that website, and read all about why nachos exist—and which nachos pose the greatest threats to your health and sanity.
Instead of adding it to the increasingly difficult to navigate Plush Toys page, I’ll just let you know right here about this felt cockatrice I made. It’s built on the same “skeleton” as that California Condor, but it’s quite a bit smaller, and it has a pointed tail. Hopefully I’ll get some better photos together in the near future.
Yeah these pictures are not doing it justice at all.
I finished a new doll! It is a California Condor, Gymnogyps californianus. There are more pictures at the bottom of the good old plush toys page.
A new project has been added to the Felt Dolls page or whatever it’s called. “Plush Toys”. Whatever.